Kalinga University Raipur, Best University in Chhattisgarh UGC-approved




  • Students should immediately apply for Student Visa at Indian Embassy / High Commission once Admission Letter / Visa Letter has been issued by the University.
  • Students have to ensure that their Student Visa is endorsed to Kalinga University.
  • Students have to make sure that they have applied for Visa well in advance and time. It generally takes 3-8 weeks to get the Indian Visa thus it is advisable to apply for the visa accordingly and consult the Indian High Commission/Embassy, if required.
  • Students have to make sure that if they have entered India on the basis of Student Visa endorsed to Kalinga University, then it is their responsibility to ensure that they directly join and report to the University. The Visa endorsed on the name of the University or obtained on the basis of University documents cannot be used for any other purpose like employment, admission to any other University/College/Institute/Academy etc. or for non-regular (distance/online) mode of education.
  • After reaching the University Campus, students have to get the visa verified by the University and have to deposit a copy of the valid visa at International Student Coordinator. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that throughout his/her study period student is on valid visa.


  • It is mandatory for all International students except those from Nepal and Bhutan to get their Student Visa registered at nearest FRRO/FRO within 14 days of arrival in India.
  • ISC Department of Kalinga University will guide and assist Student with all the required processes needed for FRO/FRRO Registration.
  • All International students except those from Nepal and Bhutan have to fill online application for Registration Certificate (RC) & Residential Permit (RP) on arrival to India.
  • In case the initial visa is not endorsed for the complete duration of the programme or student has to extend the stay because he/she is not able to complete the program in the stipulated time then the student should apply for the extension of the visa beforeit expires.
  • VISA extension can be applied only when the student is present in the University.
  • Government charges may apply for VISA extension which differs from country to country.
  • Students travelling outside India must carry NOC approval from local FRRO or valid exit permit.
  • Students travelling within India have to carry original documents like Passport, RP, Stay VISA etc. and the reason for travel has to be informed to the local FRRO.