The Library at Kalinga University Raipur is more like an integrated Knowledge Resource Centre that is stocked with large numbers of Books, Magazines, Indian & International Journals, Online Journals and other Online Resources supporting all aspects of Studies and Research.
1. Kalinga University has 79,000+ books and is also subscribed to various National and International Journals. 2. It has a reading room capacity for 400 students that is divided into 2 halls of 200 each. 3. The University is also member of several Online/Digital Libraries including National Digital Library (NDL), Developing Library Network (DELNET), NPTEL, Manupatra (For Law Students), J-Gate (Social Science), J-Gate (Engineering and Technology), INSPEC Database by Elsevier and Web of Science. Students are given free access to these e-resources through their ERP login.
A.DELNET was started at the India International Centre Library in January 1988 and was registered as a society in 1992. It was initially supported by the National Information System for Science and Technology (NISSAT), Department of Scientific and Industrial Reseach, Government of India. It was subsequently supported by the National Informatics Centre, Department of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India and the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
DELNET has been established with the prime objective of promoting resource sharing among the libraries through the development of a network of libraries. It aims to collect, store, and disseminate information besides offering computerised services to users, to coordinate efforts for suitable collection development and also to reduce unnecessary duplication wherever possible.
It has over 2,50,00,000 E Resources including E Books, E journals, Mutimedia Content, dessertations, PhD Thesis and research papers.
B.The National Digital library of India (NDL) is a project under Ministry of Human Resource Development, India. The objective is to collect and collate metadata and provide full text index from several national and international digital libraries, as well as other relevant sources. It is a digital repository containing textbooks, articles, videos, audio books, lectures, simulations, fiction and all other kinds of learning media. The NDLI provides access to many books in English and various Indian languages.
C. The National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) was initiated by seven Indian Institutes of Technology. The main goal of NPTEL Phase II was to build on the engineering and core science courses launched previously in NPTEL Phase I. An additional 600 web and video courses were created in all major branches of engineering, physical sciences at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels and management courses at the postgraduate level. Several improvements such as indexing of all video and web courses and keyword search were implemented.
• Largest online repository in the world of courses in engineering, basic sciences and selected social sciences subjects.
• Online web portal http://nptel.ac.in – more than 471 million+ views.
• YouTube channel for NPTEL – most subscribed educational channel, 1.5 million+ channel subscribers, 404 million+ views.
• More than 56000 hours of video content.
• Most accessed library of peer-reviewed educational content in the world.
• 52000+ hours of transcribed content; 51000+ hours of subtitled videos.
A.Manupatra (For Law Students) is a legal database, has enormous legal material of Indian as well as overseas countries.
• Indian Supreme court cases & judgements 1950 - onwards;
• 24 Indian High courts cases & orders;
• 27 Tribunals and Commissions orders;
• more than 1,800 Central Bare Acts/ Statutes incorporating latest amendments;
• over 10,000+ frequently used State Bare Acts/ Statutes;
• full-text of Bills introduced/ passed by houses of Parliament;
• Forms on 35 subjects such as Companies Act, Direct Tax, Customs, Insurance, IPR & more;
• Trade Marks 1978, 1984 & 2001 onwards;
• Committee reports includes Constituent Assembly Debates, Manual of Election Law, Law Commission Reports, Standing Committee Reports, Police Commission Reports, Subject Specific Reports, Finance Commission Reports and Reserve Bank of India Reports;
• Draft Agreements and Deeds pertaining to actionable claims, arbitration, banking laws, contracts, property and more
• Around 45+ law related reference and text eBook, and
• Law reports & articles of following legal journals
• India Journal of Law & Technology
• Institutional Investor Advisory Services India Limited [IIAS]
• Journal of Indian Law and Society [JILS]
• Journal of Intellectual Property Rights [Pub: NISCAIR]
• LEAD Journal
• National Law School of India Review
• NIRMA University Law Journal [NULJ]
• NUJS Law Review
• Veer Narmad South Gujarat University (VNSGU), Journal of Law
• Manupatra Intellectual Property Reports [MIPR]
• Competition Law Reports [CompLR]
• Chartered Accountant Practice Journal [CAPJ]
• Energy Law Reports [ELR]
Maupatra also covers International materials included law decisions & judgments of U.S Federal Court Cases from Pre 1950-1959, U.K., Bangladesh, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka and International Court of Justice.
B.J-Gate (Social Science) and J-Gate (Engineering and Technology) J-Gate, an electronic gateway to global e-journal literature; is the most efficient comprehensive platform to access research information from over 55 Million journal articles (with access to 10 Million Full Text articles) coming from 49,000+ journals covering multiple subject domains from all disciplines such as; Agriculture & biological Sciences, Arts & humanities, Basic Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Social & Management Sciences.
The platform is fronted by simple, intuitive, and easy-to-use interface, and gives users complete control over search filters. J-Gate exponentially increases journal usage through its list of features and its ease of use.
• Truly e-journalportal: J-Gate excludes journals that are not available online.
• Portal with largest number of e-journals: As an e-journal portal, J-Gate presently hosts content from 56,472 e-journals.
• 27,315 open-access journals: Captures and indexes articles from more than 27,315 open-access e-journals and maintains links to them.
• Links to 15,770,797 open-access articles: Provides links to over 15,770,797 open-access articles.
• Full-text link to largest number of publisher sites: Presently links to e-journals from 12,619 publishers.
C.INSPEC Database by Elsevier created by the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET), has been the essential discovery tool for numerous prestigious institutions worldwide. Containing almost 16 million records across multidisciplinary and subject specific research including physics, engineering, communications and computing, Inspec is one of the most definitive abstract and indexing databases available. Combined with Inspec’s search speed and accuracy, supported by indexing from subject specialists, you can easily pin-point the exact research you need from the vast collection, saving time and ultimately, money. Inspec indexes abstracts to a wide range of formats including journal articles, book chapters, conference proceedings, reports, patents, dissertations and even video allowing researchers to discover whatever content suits their needs. The platform is also home to a sizeable collection of unique content from all across the world, not found on any other database, representing a great wealth of potentially untapped information.
• Almost 16 million records > 1969
• 840,000+ new records added each year
• 2,500+ conference proceedings added per year
• 11+ million journal articles
• 4.5+ million conference papers
• 837,000 records from 1898 to 1968 (Inspec Archive)
IET Inspec subject coverage:
• Electrical Engineering & Electronics
• Computers & Control
• Mechanical & Production Engineering
• IT for Business
Content sources (and counting):
• 1,000+ publishers from 68 countries
• Over 4,000 journal titles
• 70,000+ conferences
• 7,000+ videos
• 450+ open access journals
• 14,000+ book titles
D.Web of Science is a website which provides subscription-based access to multiple databases that provide comprehensive citation data for many different academic disciplines. It was originally produced by the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) and is currently maintained by Clarivate Analytics (previously the Intellectual Property and Science business of Thomson Reuters)
A rich collection of citation indexes representing the citation connections between scholarly research articles found in the most globally significant journals, books, and proceedings in the sciences, social sciences and art & humanities.
The Web of Science Core Collection serves as the standard data set underpinning the journal impact metrics found in the Journal Citation Reports and the institutional performance metrics found in InCites.
Number of journals: over 21,294 journals + books and conference proceedings
Coverage: Over 76 million records; More than 111,000 books; Over 8 million conference papers
Databases covered: Science Citation Index; Social Sciences Citation Index; Arts & Humanities Citation Index; Conference Proceedings Citation Index; Book Citation Index; Emerging Sources Citation Index
A platform providing access to multidisciplinary and regional citation indexes; specialist subject indexes; a patent family index; and an index to scientific data sets.
The Web of Science provides a common search language, navigation environment, and data structure allowing researchers to search broadly across disparate resources and use the citation connections inherent to the index to navigate to relevant research results and measure impact.
Number of journals: Over 34,502 journals + books, proceedings, patents, and data sets
166 million records (journals, books, and proceedings); 43 million patent families (> 87 million patents); 8.9 million data sets
Web of Science Core Collection; BIOSIS Citation Index; Chinese Science Citation Database; Data Citation Index; Russian Science Citation Index; SciELO Citation Index
Subject specialized and regional indexes:
Biological Abstracts; BIOSIS Previews; CABI: CAB Abstracts and Global Health